When starting CICS, the eTrust CA-Top Secret messages confirming that phase 0, 1, and 2 started and completed are not generated.
There are a number of items to check in order to troubleshoot such a situation.
It is recommended to check the following:
- Was ENF up completely at the time the CICS region was started?
- What genlevel of CA Common Services are you running? Does this level support the release of CICS you are running?
- Is the correct CICSREL parameter specified in the ENF parameters? The CICSREL parameters settings for each CICS release are:
CTS release CICSREL setting 1.1 51 1.2 52 1.3 53 2.1 61 2.2 62 2.3 63 3.1 64
- Is MODE( CICS,ON ) in the ENF parameters to have the ENF hooks automatically (attempted to) install in CICS regions that correspond to the values in the CICSREL parameter (ie CTS 3.1 for CICSREL(63) )?
- Is the CA Common Services library in LINKLIST? - If not, it should be in the CICS JCL with a CENFLIB DD card.
- Does the CICS start up proc have any old CA Common Services or eTrust CA-Top Secret libraries in the STEPLIB or DFHRPL concatenations?
- Is KO50DCM2 installed in the ENF database? You can run a CAS9DB utility to list the contents of the ENF database. If KO50DCM2 is not in the ENF database, eTrust CA-Top Secret sampjcl member TSSENFDC can be run to install it. Once installed, you will need to recycle ENF cold ( S ENF,,,COLD) in order to pick this up.
- Is the eTrust CA-Top Secret 8.0 FMID (CKO8010) or eTrust CA-Top Secret 9.0 FMID (CKO9010) for CICS 4.1 and above installed? (Make sure there isn't an old eTrust CA-Top Secret library in the DFHRPL or STEPLIB in the CICS startup proc.)