This document describes how to change the following passwords used in Service Desk:
- Privileged User (Default User Name: ServiceDesk)
- Restricted User (Default User Name: rhduser)
- MDB Database UserID (Default UserID: ServiceDesk)
These passwords are all required for the Service Desk "Configuration" process (pdm_configure.exe).
Knowledge of the existing passwords is not required for this procedure, and so is useful for addressing "unknown passwords."
For Service Desk Privileged User and Restricted User passwords:
- Failure to successfully complete these steps may render a Service Desk system inoperable.
- Existing passwords will be overwritten and are NOT readily recoverable.
For the MDB Database Userid:
- Change the password/s at the OS level. See your operating system guide for details.
NOTE: If the Service Desk Primary server is NOT defined as a domain controller, the user is on the local machine as a local user.
If the Service Desk Primary server is defined as a domain controller, the user is on domain controller (Active Directory) as a domain user.
- Run pdm_configure. Use the new passwords during this process.
- Change the password in a Database server.
- Run pdm_configure.
All of the passwords may be changed with one run of pdm_configure.