Changes made to the Task List View and attributes for non System partition are not reflected when XOG in to target system.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Login as Admin
2. Ensure this environment has partition model created, if not create it by navigating to Administration->Studio->Partition Models
3. Associate project object with partition by navigating to Administration->Studio->Objects
4. Navigate to Administration->Studio->Objects and search for Task object
5. Once in the properties of Task object click on Views tab
6. Choose any partiiton other then System and make changes by going into List View section (you can add an attribute from Available columns to Selected) and Save
7. Make sure you still in the non System partition and click on Fields section for Task List (List Column) and click on Properties of the same attribute you added in the previous step. For my testing I used Duration attribute. PLEASE NOTE: I also added one of the custom attributes to the Layout of the List View as well as made changes to the properties of the attribute by going to Fields section.
8. Click on properties of that attribute and change below settings:
a) Allignment = Center
b) Column width = 15%
c) Allow Word Wrapping in Column Header is checked
d) Allow Editing is checked
e) Allow Word Wrapping in Column is checked
9. Click Save
10. XOG out Task View, I used below file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">
<Header version="8.0" action="read" objectType="contentPack" externalSource="NIKU">
<!-- the contentType is used to determine which filter goes where -->
<args contentType="job_definition" name="order_by_1" value="code"/>
<args contentType="menu" name="order_by_1" value="code"/>
<args contentType="view" name="order_by_1" value="code"/>
<args contentType="process" name="order_by_1" value="code"/>
<args contentType="object" name="order_by_1" value="code"/>
<args name="no_dependencies" value="true"/>
<args name="exclude_parent" value="true"/>
<Filter name="code" criteria="EQUALS">list</Filter>
<Filter name="object_code" criteria="EQUALS">task</Filter>
<Filter name="partition_code" criteria="EQUALS">NIKU.ROOT</Filter>
11. Once you get XML output, you will need to attempt to XOG it back in to another environment where those changes don't exist, but note you will need to bring Partition model so they match (I created one manually it was pretty quick or you can XOG out the model from your source system and XOG it back in to the target).
Note: you can get an error below when you XOG the view back to the target system, this is another issue that i am investigating that might or might not be a defect, but you can bypass it but removing that from your XOG input file.
[Error] :1:1: tag name "links" is not allowed. Possible tag names are: <nls>
12. Once XOG is successful, go to target system and validate that the changes you made to your custom partition for List View under Task object. The changes are actually made to System partition instead.
Expected Results: View and attribute changes should reflect for correct partition on the target system.
Actual Results: View and attribute changes when XOG to target system actually update System partition instead of custom.
DE44526, NOT REPRODUCED ON 15.5