How to change the SNMP string for windows server components.
SNMP community string on all ReporterAnalyzer server components and the Watchdog service SNMP community string must be the same for the Watchdog to provide accurate information.
ReporterAnalyzer standalone or distributed
All Reporter components must use the same SNMP string for Watchdog to report correctly. To change the strings, follow these steps:
Log into each box, and open Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> Services.
- Right-click on the SNMP service and go to Properties.
- Click on the tab called Security.
- Highlight the "public" string, and click on Remove.
- Now, click on Add and enter the new community string and assign it read only rights.
- Click the Add button to save, then click OK.
- Repeat this for all Reporter component servers running Windows.
You must also change the value within the Reporter GUI to get Watchdog to use the new string.
- Open the Reporter web GUI, and go to Administration.
- Click on Settings, then Watchdog Settings at the top of the page.
- Click on Edit.
- Change the value for Community String and click Submit.