How to change the IP address of an all-in-one Standalone ReporterAnalyzer unit.
Reporter Analyzer 9.0 Standalone (only)
Reporter Analyzer 8.3 Standalone (only)
Windows Server 2003 / 2008
To change the IP address of an all-in-one ReporterAnalyzer unit, follow these steps:
- Stop all NetQoS Services and the IIS Admin Service.
- To do this, right-click "My Computer" and select "Manage" The Computer Management window should open.
- From there expand the "Services and Applications" Section in the left pane by clicking on the '+' to the left.
- Click on services and the right pane will display all services on the server.
- Find the IIS Admin Service in the right pane and right click it and select "stop".
- Then find the "MySQL" service and stop that (it will prompt you to stop other services as well, go ahead and do that).
- Find the remaining NetQoS Services and stop those as well by right clicking them and clicking stop.
- Change the IP address of the server.
- To do this: Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Network and Dialup Connections.
- Right-click the Local Area Connection icon for your NIC, and select Properties.
- Highlight TCP/IP and click Properties.
- Enter the new IP address.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
- Start the IIS Admin Service.
- Open the NFM Website link located on the Desktop of the all-in-one unit.
- Click the Administration link.
- Click the Edit tab for the Harvester.
- Change the IP address of the Harvester to the new IP address you just assigned to the server.
- Click OK.
- Delete the files out of the following folders:
- Open a command prompt (Start -> Run -> 'cmd') and enter the following commands:
mysql -D reporter update agent_definitions set receiveraddress=inet_aton('new ip address of server');
- Start all NetQoS Services and the IIS Admin Service.
Real time data should be visible right away. Historical data will take 45 minutes to be visible in ReporterAnalyzer's web GUI.