CEM - SOI integration checklist
1. Verify the APM Connector configuration:
Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SOI\resources\Configurations folder
Check the below properties:
- EMHost= is the IP address or fully qualified name of the MOM / Standalone EM. In this example: 192.168.101.130
- EMSNMPHostIPAddress= is the IP address or fully qualified name of the MOM / Standalone EM
- EMSNMPBindAddress= is the IP address or fully qualified name of the APM connector server. In this example: 192.168.101.189
2. Enable TRACE logging:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SOI\resources\Configurations\log4j\
Change Logger level from INFO to TRACE:
restart the SAM windows integration service
3. Put activity in your application, in this example: Weblogic Medrec application
4. Validate the communication between the Enterprise Manager and the APM connector:
Go to the APM Connector server
Open the C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SOI\log\APM_connector.log, you should see the below messages indicating that agent, BS, BT and defects are being discovered automatically.
5. Make sure the CEM data has been imported into SOI.
Go to the SOI console, click Tools > Import, select the EnterpriseManager instance, click Import.
Make sure the appropiate Business Services have been imported.
In the below example, the below 2 Business Services have not been imported, we moved them to the right hand side and click OK
6. Verify the results:
Business services, business transactions and generated defects (alerts) are displayed.
Check the above populated alert in the CEM console: