- I have configured the cdm probe to send an alarm when memory usage exceeds 90% but when stress testing the server no alarm is sent even though memory usage is 97%
- When configuring cdm via Infrastructure Manager there are 3 categories for memory monitoring
- M: allows you to specify the threshold values for total memory usage.
- S: allows you to specify the threshold values for swap memory usage.
- P: allows you to specify the threshold values for physical memory usage.
- These are selected by the buttons on the memory chart
- The probe was configured to monitor total memory usage (M) which monitors pagefile rather than Physical memory usage (P)
- Whilst physical memory usage was 97% the total memory usage was only 85%
- Configure the alarm thresholds on physical memory usage
- see here for documentation on how to do this