Some of the CA PC products use a version of CCIPC that is already installed or will try to install the version shipped with the product, if CCIPC is not installed.
There may be a need for clients to uninstall the currently installed CCIPC version.
This document describes different ways to uninstall CCIPC.
Sometimes a regular removal, or installation of a new version of CCIPC by a CA PC product is required and fails..
Here some instructions to remove it anyway.
Option 1 - uninstall via CA-Uninstall
- Locate the CA-Uninstall program, "CAINDREG.EXE".
- If CAINDREG.EXE was installed, it should be in the CA_APPSW folder.
- To locate the CA_APPSW folder, open file CAI.INI which should be in the Windows (C:\WINDOWS\) folder.
CAI.INI will contain an entry as follows:
- Typical CA_APPSW locations are:
- If file "CAINDREG.EXE" does not exist in this folder, you can obtain it from the CA FTP site
Download file "CAINDREG.EXE" (binary transfer) then move it to the CA_APPSW folder.
- Shut down any CA PC product using CCPC, or the Windows web server (IIS). Otherwise, the uninstall may fail to remove important (critical) files.
The recommended shut-down method is via the CMD prompt command:
C:\CA_APPSW> net stop iisadmin /y
- Run the CA-Uninstall program, "CAINDREG.EXE":
(If this fails to execute or you get errors, please download the current version of CAINDREG.EXE from the CA FTP site and try again.)
- The CA-Uninstall program (CA-Uninstall 4.4) will appear listing all products installed via CA-Install.
- Locate product "CAICCI-PC".
Select it and check both "Delete Registry and Icons" and "Delete Files".
Then click the "Uninstall" button.
Option 2 - manually uninstall by deleting files, registry keys, etc.
Note: This option presumes proficiency in working with registry keys/regedit.exe.
- Locate the CA_APPSW folder (see procedure described in Installation Procedure A, Option 1).
- Typical CA_APPSW locations:
- Delete the following files (this is a shared folder):
- Locate the CAICCI folder.
- Typical CAICCI locations:
- Delete the CAICCI folder and its contents.
- Delete the following two registry keys:
- Delete all short-cuts and program groups (start menu items) associated with CCIPC.
Optionally, you may preserve your existing CCI settings by only deleting the string value, from both the keys listed above:
In other words, to preserve your current CCIPC settings you may only delete: