When trying to define email addresses with special characters like GSD&NYPCRisk@dtcc.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, the insert job jil will show the following error:
CAUAJM_E_19029 Invalid JIL keyword value "GSD&NYPCRisk@dtcc.com" for keyword "notification_emailaddress". The value must be a one or more valid
Email addresses separated by ";" or ",".
Why do email addresses with special characters like "&" , “- - “ get rejected with errors?
CA Workload Automation AE r11.3.5 and r11.3.6+
Most companies do not support special characters in their email addresses. CA has intentionally added special character restrictions on email addresses.
Here are our rules/requirements:
1. Email address can contain alpha-numeric chars
2. Email address can contain dot(.), hypen(-), underscore(_)
3. Entries defined in #2 cannot be used as consecutive chars
4. Only one "@" symbol can be used.
5. The "@" symbol cannot be preceded or followed by a char defined in #2.