From Windows Services, right-click on CA Service Desk Manager Server and select "Start". A popup message from Services appears.
The message in the popup is: "The CA Service Desk Manager Server service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."
One root cause that has been identified for this message symptom is that the sslump_nxd.exe process is the only Service Desk Manager process that is active.
To solve this problem:
- Start Windows Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab.
- Click on the Image Name column name to sort the entries according to the name of the executable process.
- Scroll down, searching for "sslump_nxd.exe" in the Image Name field.
- For each slump entry, right-click the mouse on "sslump_nxd.exe" and select "End Process".
- Select "Start" from Services on Windows for the CA Service Desk Manager Server service.