To DELETE and RE-ADD their ID, have the CA VIEW administrator...
- Access the DEF USER screen and make a note of ALL the information defined for the user. Consider taking screen prints of their current definitions. And don't forget to scroll to the right to see the DISTID related fields and capture them also.
- Once you have the information for them, to delete their ID, just type a 'D' in the SEL column next to their ID and hit enter.
- Have the problem user LOGOFF of VIEW. And then have them log back on.
- Upon logging back on, a new profile and DEF USER record will be created for them. But be aware that CA VIEW will assign "DEFAULT values" in the definition fields.
- The CA VIEW Administrator must then go back to the DEF USER screen and make the necessary adjustments to the users DEF USER record by tabbing to each of the fields to the right of that users ID and over typing the appropriate fields with the appropriate values.