This problem is noticed when email notifications (of load/migrate success) and SNMP are not properly configured. Data Manager needs both email notifications (of load/migrate success) and SNMP enabled or both disabled.
Also this problem can be avoided by setting the "Limit Record Days" parameter to On while setting up users or set the number of days log retained in the UI to 10 or custom value less than currently defined.
Follow the below instructions to log into Data Manager
Please follow the instructions below to workaround this issue:
- Backup the file Program Files\Hyperformix\DataManager4.2\ApacheTomcat\webapps\DM\WEB-INF\struts-config.xml file.
- Open Program Files\Hyperformix\DataManager4.2\ApacheTomcat\webapps\DM\WEB-INF\struts-config.xml file.
- Search for the string "com.hyperformix.athens.action.LoginAction". You should see only one occurrence.
- Within that action block you'll see this <forward name="success" path="/ReportStatus.do" />. It means upon successful login show the load summary page. Change the path from "/ReportStatus.do" to ""/ListUsers.do".
Note: /ListUsers.do will direct you to the User Details Page on successful log in.
- Restart Apache Tomcat DMServe service
- Log in Data Manager and modify the following:
- Click the Configuration Settings -> Global Parameters page. Modify NUMBER_DAYS_LOGS_RETAINED = 30 days
Note: This setting will purge logs and transaction logs older than 30 days.
- Click Load Summary Report set "Limit Record Days" to 10 and Days limit: On.
- Undo changes in step 4 from <forward name="success" path="/ListUsers.do" /> to <forward name="success" path="/ReportStatus.do" />, then retry logging into Data Manager.
If you continue to have problems logging into Data Manager, please open a support ticket for further assistance.