I cannot inactivate a user account, I can only "Lock" a user or "Activate a user
This will happen whenever LDAP is enabled and the External Authentication option is checked for a user because the system expects inactivation and activation to be handled via an LDAP job or implementation that inactivates/creates and activates users based on the search or group specified in the PPM configuration.
On Demand/SAAS Users:
If you are behind the portal, you should inactivate the user in the portal by logging into the portal or using the ODUM or WSDL implementation that you use to maintain your users. Once you have done this, the portal will XOG your changes into PPM and inactivate the user in PPM.
NOTE: All user creation, activation and deactivation should be done via the portal to keep the information in PPM and the portal in synch.
If you are an On Premise customer, a SAAS customer who is not behind the portal, or the above method did not work for you, you may use the following procedure.
1. Go to Administration, Resources (or Users depending on your version of PPM).
2. Find one of your problem users.
3. Open the user's properties page by clicking on the last name.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and uncheck the box called "External Authentication".
5. Click the Save and Continue button.
6. Click on the tab to take you back to the properties page for the user.
7. Change their status to Inactive.
8. Check the External Authentication button.
9. Click Save.
10. Repeat for all problem users.