This issue is occurring specific for sub objects of projects like Change request, Risk, Issue etc. Some project (ie. projectA) and risk in some other project (ie. projectB) are having same internal ids and risk is having some locked attributes. Then we cannot create risk in projectA. The application code is not properly checking the data.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login to the application as a project manager
- Find an existing change request and an existing project with the same internal record id (for example id=5709000)
The change request could be associated with a different project as described in summary
- This change request should have locked attributes
I created a process to lock attributes on change request, and ran it on Change Request with internal id: 5709000
- Go to the project with internal id = 5709000
- Go to Change Request tab, and attempt to create a new change request
- Fill in required fields and click on Save or Save and Return
Expected Result: Change request is successfully created for this project
Actual Result: Change request is not created, and we get error: OSF-0005: Changes were not saved as at least one attribute is locked. To see the locked attributes, reload the page.
Resolved in Clarity 13.3 Generic Patch. Reference TEC605767
Resolved in CA PPM 14.1