It's not possible to change the System Currency from the Financial Management Defaults page, even though the following requirements are met:
- The system has been installed as Multi-Currency.
- Multiple currencies have been activated from the Currencies page in the Financial Setup.
- No exchange rate has been defined yet.
Under the circumstances just described, it should be possible to change the System Currency.
- Open the Financial Management Defaults page.
- Click on the Project Transaction Entry Defaults link. A page named Transaction Entry will appear.
- Click on Cancel. The Financial Management Defaults page will appear again, but this time the System Currency field will appear as a drop-down list containing all the currently-active currencies.
- Select the currency that you want to make the default one.
- Click on Submit.
Please note that, after these steps have been taken, it will not be possible to change the System Currency any more. This is the expected behavior, because this field is marked as "Enter Once" (as highlighted by the green arrow to the left of the System Currency label), so please be absolutely sure that you pick the correct currency at step 4 above.
This issue has been documented as CLRT-18863 and is assigned to development for review. If you are experiencing this problem and the workaround above does not significantly help, please contact CA Clarity Technical Support.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-18863, clarity8open, clarity12open, configuration, set-up.