I am receiving the above message when trying to access Unicenter Asset Portfolio Management (UAPM). The application log of the Event Viewer shows an entry with a type of 'Error', but there is no text associated with the entry.
When I run the ConnectTest.exe from the following location, everything is successful
except the setting of the argis connect properties and initialization. I receive the following message.
"SETTING ARGISCONNECT PROPERTIES AND INITIALIZING
Initialization of ArgisConnect failed: -2146233088 iexceptn.CException
ArgisConnect properties - AppName =, Databasename = mdb, DatabaseType = SQL SERVER"
Unicenter Asset Portfolio Management (UAPM) 11.3.4
This message is returned when the UAPM application is pointing to a database (MDB) that is not at the same level.
1. Run the following query against the database to determine the MDB level.
Select dfvalue from <tableowner>.arg_argdeflt where dfkey = 'DBUtility Version';
2. Compare the result to the iconnect.dll version.
To find the iconnect.dll version:
- Browse to C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\APM Common Services,
- Right click on the iconnect.dll
- Click properties
- Select the version tab
- The iconnect.dll file version will be listed.
The versions should be the same.
If not, then the database or the application must be upgraded.