Can you control the number of CA Business Intelligence (CABI) scheduled reports instance that are retained?
A scheduled report instance management plan enables you to:
- Identify scheduled reports and their frequency of schedule
- Control retention period till which report instances need to be maintained
- Verify size of each report instance and the amount of disk space required
- Perform scheduled report instance cleanup
- Reduced File Repository Store backup size.
- Users need not search trough a huge list of instances.
- By controlling the number of instances, minimize the amount of space required on CABI server
Can manage instances by setting instance limits at below levels
- Global limits (If it is required to set the limit throughout all the public folders and sub folders, set limits at global level)
- Folder limits (Will help set the limits for all the objects contained within a folder)
- Object limits (Applying limits to specific object - this will override the limit set at folder level)
To set CABI Scheduled Report Instance Limits:
1. Login to the CABI Central Management Console (CMC) as Administrator
2. Navigate to FOLDERS
3. Right-click on the appropriate report object/folder and select LIMITS
4. Enter the desired report instance criteria
- Number of Instances - enable to delete excess instances when there are more than N instances of the object
- User/User group - help set the limits per user/user group on a particular object.
- Number of Days- enable to delete excess instances when the age of the instance exceeds N days.