How to create and specify a Customization Form Group for a Role?
You can create a new Customization Form Group in Web Screen Painter as shown below.
- Log into Web Screen Painter and select 'File' > 'Open'.
- Select "Interface or File Type" and "Form Groups" that stores a web form you would like to customize.
If you would like to modify a web form of the default Analyst Interface, select "Analyst" from 'Interface or File Type' and "Default" from 'Form Group' drop down list.
- Select the web form you would like to modify, for example, "list_chg.htmpl" and click on <OK>. Modify the web form.
- After customize the web form, select 'File' > 'Save As'.
- Click <Add Form Group> and type a form group name, for example, "ChangeManager". Click <OK>.
- Ensure that "Analyst" is selected as the Interface and "ChangeManager" is selected as Form Group, and then save list_chg.htmpl.
- Go to 'File' > 'Publish' to publish the form.
- Log into Service Desk using Service Desk administrator account and open [Administration] tab.
- Go to 'Security and Role Management' > 'Role Management' > 'Role List' and select the Role you would like to specify the created form, e.g. "Change Manager".
- Click on <Edit> and specify ChangeManager in Customization Form Group field.
- On a Service Desk Manager server, open the Command Prompt and run pdm_webcache -H command to clear cache on a Web server. On a client PC, clear browser cache.
The web forms should now be differentiated by Role.