CA Service Desk Desk 12.x has a new feature to notify the previous assignee of a ticket. This document explains the steps to use the new feature.
In CA Service Desk Desk 12.x, new local fields were added to the objects. They are made available on both Activity Associations and Object Contact Notifications. See Figure 1 and 2
These values of the previous fields exist only in the Object Manager of CA Service Desk Desk. This is displayed in Web Screen Painter. Figure 3
Steps to notify the previous assignee of an incident when an incident is transferred.
- Login to CA Service Desk as an Administrator.
- Go to Administration->Notifications->Transfer activity notification
- Under Notification Rules tab, click on " Default Transfer Notification Rule for request/incident/problem " rule. Figure 4
- In the notification rule detail window, under the Objects Contacts tab, click Update Objects. Fig 5
- In the Notification Recipients screen, from the available object contacts, select Assignee Previous and move it to the Notification Recipients section and click on OK. Figure 6
This will send out a notification to the previous assignee of the incident/request/problem if a transfer happens. Similarly any previous value object contact or activity association can be used.