### Consider the following setup, example:
1. Rate Matrix configuration in Administration > Finance > Manage Matrix > Matrix
Date,Rate Matrix Property,Rate
1/1/16 to 12/31/16, A = $50 USD
1/1/16 to 12/31/16, B = $100 USD
2. Full Rate Matrix Extraction job is ran.
3. Enter the original timesheet.
Monday: 3 hours x $50 USD = $150 USD
Tuesday: 4 hours x $50 USD = $200 USD
4. Post Timesheets job is ran.
The actual cost is:
Monday: $150 USD
Tuesday: $200 USD
$350 USD is the actual cost, which comes from PRASSIGNMENT.actcost_sum
### It was then realized that the transaction properties needs to be changed, therefore the original timesheet is adjusted and posted.
Monday: 3 hours x $100 USD = $300 USD
Tuesday: 4 hours x $100 USD = $400 USD
$300+ $400= $700 USD is now the actual cost.
If the Post Transactions to Financials job and Post to WIP job is ran, it is now in the PPA_WIP table.
Instead of performing a timesheet adjustment, which requires a change in the timesheet, a WIP adjustment can be performed.
If there is no change in the number of hours (actual units),
1. Perform a WIP Adjustment via Financial Management > Create WIP Adjustment
a. Change the transaction properties.
b. Checkmark "Calculate New Rates"
c. Click Save.
2. Financial Management > Approve WIP Adjustment
a. filter for the transaction
b. Checkmark the transaction.
c. Click Approve