The CA APAS link routine modules, DBGLNxxx, control what data is reported in the CA APAS USER-ID data field. The CA APAS DBGLNxxx modules default to the RACF id, however, several different options are provided including allowing the user to customize a solution for their specific reporting needs. This document explains the various options available in the CA APAS DBGLNxxx modules and how to implement the changes.
There are several different CA APAS link routines provided in the CA APAS SOURCE library for use with specific Adabas link routines and environments. DBGLNK is the CA APAS batch/TSO link routine module that is for use with the Adabas batch / TSO module ADALNK while DBGLNCTS is for use with CICS Transaction Server. Plus there are several other CA APAS link routine modules in the CA APAS SOURCE library.
Each CA APAS link routine module contains an assembly option called &ACCOUNT and each module has various &ACCOUNT options specific for that environment. For example, the batch / TSO module DBGLNK has &ACCOUNT options for reporting the job card account field, the Natural user id, or the subtask id for the CONNX SQL Gateway. All CA APAS link routine modules default to RACF for the &ACCOUNT setting.
To change the &ACCOUNT setting, use the following steps:
- Determine which DBGLNxxx module or modules you want to modify such as DBGLNK for batch / TSO, or DBGLNCTS for CICS TS, or DBGLNKT for Com-Plete.
- Edit the required CA APAS link routine module in the CA APAS SOURCE library.
- Locate at the beginning of each CA APAS link routine module the &ACCOUNT SETC commands. Comment out the RACF option and uncomment out the &ACCOUNT option you want to use.
- Reassemble the CA APAS link routine module using the appropriate ASMLNXX assembly and link JCL provided in the CA APAS SOURCE library.
- Relink the modified CA APAS link routine module with the appropriate Adabas link routine using the LNKLNxx link edit JCL provided in the CA APAS SOURCE library.
Note: See the CA APAS Installation Guide for detailed information on implementing and verifying the CA APAS link routines.