Can not attach Files to a discussion if the file extensions are specified in the System Options.
Steps to Reproduce:
Expected Result: You should not get any error because the file extension was specified in system options
- Go to Admin side. System Options.
- For 'Authorized File Extensions' enter: ppt, doc, pdf, xls, txt, docx, xlsx, pptx, zip, png, bmp, tif, jpeg, gif, dif, jpg, vsd, mpp, html, htm, msg, csv, swf, pptm, docm, docxm, xlsm, rtf.
- Click on save.
- Open a Program or a Project. Add some Team - Participants. Make a Participant the Collaboration Manager
- Go to Collaboration Tab and from drop down select 'Discussion'
- Click on New. Enter Topic Name. Click on Submit.
- Click on the Topic you just created.
- Click on New.
- Enter Subject, Message Text.
- In ‘Attach a Document’ click on Browse and select any file with extension docx or msg or with any extension that is in the System Options.
- Click on Save and Return.
Actual Result: Error The action could not be completed because the file that is being attached has an extension that is not allowed: msg. The accepted file extensions are: ppt,doc,pdf,xls,txt,docx,xlsx,pptx,zip,png,bmp,tif,jpeg,gif,dif,jpg,vsd,mpp,html,htm,msg,csv,swf,pptm,docm,docxm,xlsm,rtf.
CA PPM 14.2, 14.3
Due to defect CLRT-80289.
The issue has been been resolved in CA PPM 15.x releases.