By default the online DXgrid datastore backups are stored in the same folder as the live DXgrid datastore. But you can configure a data DSA to store the DXgrid datastore backup files in an alternate location. This saves on disk space if your backup location is located on a network SAN or other off server storage medium.
In order to create an alternate backup location for your DXgrid backup files you should:
- Create a folder to store the backups in (as user DSA) - e.g. /tmp/dxgrid-backup
- Set the configuration item in your DSA's config - Add it to the bottom of the DXHOME/config/servers/dsaname.dxi initialization file.
set dxgrid-backup-location = "/tmp/dxgrid-backup/";
- Stop and restart your DSA.
dxserver stop [dsaname]
dxserver start [dsaname]
telnet localhost [console port]
- Connect to your DSA's console port
- Type in the following command:
- Once the backup is running, the following will be displayed in the DSA console:
dsa> dump dxgrid-db;
- In the warn log for the DSA, the following messages will be recorded.
WARN : Dump started
WARN : Dump completed, 0 fragments
- Once the warn log indicates that the dump is completed, change directory to your backup folder. e.g. /tmp/dxgrid-backup and you should see the DXgrid ".zat:|.zdb|.zoc" files present.