Instructions on changing the database username and/or password for CA IT Process Automation:
- Stop CA IT Process Automation Orchestrator(s).
- Open a command prompt and go to <PAM_INSTALL_DIR>\server\c2o directory. You should see a script to encrypt password (eg. PasswordEncryption.bat if on a Windows system).
- Run the command to encrypt the new password:
PasswordEncryption.bat "newPassword" (shows encrypted password on the command prompt).
PasswordEncryption.bat "newPassword" > encrptPass.txt (saves the encrypted password to a file for ease of copy paste).
Repeat this step if you are using different databases (say for reporting and library tables and have different passwords)
- Make a backup copy of <PAM_INSTALL_DIR>\server\c2o\.config\OasisConfig.properties (eg. rename to OasisConfig.properties.org). Make sure to store the backup copy in a directory outside of the CA IT Process Automation install directory. Java can still read files even if they are renamed.
- Open the properties file and look for *.database.username. You will see either 2 or 3 of these properties depending on the version of CA IT Process Automation you are using. Next to this property you will see *.database.password.
- You will need to modify the properties (username and password) using the corresponding encrypted passwords generated in step 3 for ONLY the ones you want to change. If you are using different databases for runtime and library tables from the reporting tables and would like to change the user / password for DB of runtime and library tables only, then you DO NOT need to change the values for the reporting database.
- Save the changes and restart CA IT Process Automation Orchestrator(s).
If you get the error message below when running PasswordEncryption.bat, edit this .bat file and put the JAVA_HOME path between double quotes:
See PasswordEncryption.bat file below:
Now it works fine as expected: