Importing Non Labor Resource Actuals via XOG Transactions to CA PPM.
- Question is can the Transaction with future date be Posted to WIP?
CA PPM SaaS and CA PPM On Primise
You can post future transactions through to WIP and to do so these 4 jobs needs to be executed in the given order:
1) Post Transactions to Financial job:
- This job verifies and transfers data from the Transaction Import tables to the Financial Management tables. This data could be the result of posted timesheets, or transactions that are imported from external systems.
2) Post Transactions to Work-in Progress (Post To WIP) job:
- Transactions available for posting to WIP are not automatically displayed. You must first search for the transactions they want to post to WIP.
Note: If you do not enter any dates (start date or end date), all available transactions from any past date are pulled up to the current (today’s) date. So, to post any available transactions with a future date you must specify an end date.
3) Import Financial Actuals job:
- This job updates task assignments with the actuals entered in financial transactions and WIP adjustments. The assignment ETC is decremented through the transaction entry date (as in a Fixed Loading Pattern). ETC in the future is not decremented even if the actual amount is greater than the ETC amount for the period being posted.
4) Investment Allocations job:
- This job updates the ETCSUM and EACSUM fields for investments and bases its calculations on the resources that are allocated to the investment. The job calculates the sum of the ETC values for all the assignments for the investment and stores the value in the ETCSUM field. The job also calculates the sum of the EAC values for all the investment assignments and stores the value in the EACSUM field. In addition, this job updates the total actuals for an investment.
Link to CA PPM Jobs Reference: