CA Deliver can be set up to distribute by email with email notification. This feature uses the CA Spool Email Print Driver to deliver and track email sent by CA Deliver. Note that if this feature is not installed, you cannot use the CA Deliver email facility. This document will give an overview of the email setup procedure.
You can define an email address and a Web Viewer server for each report recipient. CA Deliver can be set up so that when a report is processed, email messages will be sent using CA Spool to do the following:
· Notify the recipients that the report is now available for viewing
· Send the report data or an HTLM link to one or more recipients
· Sending just the HTML link allows the users to select and view the report in CA OM Web Viewer
The distribution grouping feature in CA Deliver currently allows several recipients to share a printed report copy. Email messaging uses this grouping indicator so that you can send one email to several email recipients.
The following list summarizes the process to update CA Deliver for email and email notification:
1. Update the email parameters in RMOPARMS.
2. Define the email templates to new or existing banner pages.
3. Run RMODBASE to load the new banner pages.
4. Update the DISTID definitions with email distribution data.
5. Validate the address (optional).
6. Change the Report Distribution OUTPUT field to E to send the email for specific DISTIDs. This indicates the DISTID is requesting EMAIL rather than a printed copy.
These steps are described in detail in the CA Deliver Administration Guide.
As always, please contact CA Technologies support for CA View/CA Deliver if you have further questions.