When creating an Action Item from Collaboration Tab, once other user with full global rights (Administrator) try to access to this action item (not being assigned) will get a message error, despite that in previous releases this feature works as expected.
Basically, if there is another administrator user that did not create the action item, nor is assigned to the action item, that user is not getting access to the Action Items Detail page. This is a problem because we are expecting an administrator user to have the ability to access the details on any action item within the project.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login with Administrator user and create 2 new users with all global rights (administrator users) user1/user2
2. Create a project, once created go to Team Tab --> Participants
3. Add these 2 new users created in step #1 as participants only
4. Go to Collaboration Tab --> Action Items
5. Click on 'New' button
6. Complete Subject and assign only to user1 and click on 'save & return' button
7. Login with user1 and you will see the action item in organizer, just logout without answer it
8. Login with user2 administrator this time, go to project, collaboration tab --> action items
9. With this new user, we will see the active action item there, if we do click in the URL, we will get message error instead of access as happened in previous releases
Actual Result: Error CAL-06038: You do not have necessary rights to view this action item
Expected Result: The user should be able to get action item page as happened in previous releases
Applies to CA PPM 14.2 and 14.3.
Caused by CLRT-78955
This has been fixed in CA PPM 14.4.
No workaround. The administrator user can contact either the creator or an assigned user. Only the creator of the action item or an assigned user can access the details page.