This document explains the steps to resolve the CA Workflow installation error.
The CA Workflow installation fails and the error message ProductException: (error code = 601; message="JVM not found") appears in the pdm_install_wf.log file. This error occurs if the Java Runtime environment is either not installed or the path is not set in the environmental variables.
Steps to resolve the issue:
- Check if JRE is installed:
On the ServiceDesk server navigate to C:\Program Files\CA\SC folder and check if there is a JRE folder present. If its not present:
- Navigate to \ca_tps.nt\JRE_1_5 folder on the DVD 1 and run the jre-1_5_0_16-windows-i586-p.exe installer.
- Set the path:
If the JRE is installed, open the command prompt and run the command java to see if returns the java parameters. If it returns an error invalid command
- Right click My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Environmental Variables
- Under System Variables, double click on Path variable.
- At the end add a semi-colon and enter the path for JRE. The default path is C:\Program Files\CA\SC\JRE\1.6.0_00\bin
- Click on OK
Try installing CA Workflow again.