CA Spectrum 9.4 OneClick clients require the installation of JRE 1.7.0 update 60 as well as JCEUnlimited Strength files. If the JCEUnlimited Strenth files are not installed, the following error shows when launching the OneClick client:
You must Install JCEUnlimited Strenth files in source JRE7 location as mentioned in OneClick Web Server's Home Page
Please close the Login dialog and install the mentioned file.
The JCEUnlimited Strength Files are required for OneClick cryptography requirements.
JCEUnlimited Strength Files available with CA Spectrum 9.4 are compatible with JRE 7 only. If you are already on JRE 7 update 60, place the JCEUnlimited Strength Files in JRE 7. If you are not on JRE 7 update 60, install JRE 7 update 60 first and then place the JCEUnlimited Strength Files in the JRE 7 location as noted below.
- Navigate to the CA Spectrum OneClick Administration page (ie. http://localhost)
- Click on the "Home" link
- Install JRE 1.7 Update 60, and then install the JCEUnlimited Strength files
To install the JRE and Java Web Start:
- Download and install the Java Runtime Environment version 7 update 60.
- To install the JCEUnlimited Strength Files:
- Navigate to $JRE7_HOME/lib/security location (Example : Default JRE7_HOME path is "/C/Program Files (x86)/Java/jre7" or "/C/Program Files/Java/jre7").
- Rename the existing "local_policy.jar" file in the $JRE7_HOME/lib/security directory to be "local_policy.jar.backup". If an error states that it is in use then stop the application(s) using it.
- Download the JCEUnlimited Strength Files and save to the $JRE7_HOME/lib/security directory
- Click on the Start Console link.
To disable the need for the JCEUnlimited Strength File, please refer to TEC1961228.
For more information as to why the JCEUnlimited Strength files were needed, please refer to TEC616352