Running reports in Spectrum Report Manager (SRM) is failing with error "Failed to open connection".
All reports experience this problem.
Issue is seen on Linux operating systems.
This error can be caused by either not running the proper post installation steps on the CA Business Intelligence 4.1 (CABI) machine, or further steps are required to get the CA_NVM_EXE to run properly.
First, attempt to run the nvm post install step:
1. Navigate to the CABI 4.1 Media/utilities directory.
2. Copy the CA_NVM_EXE to the local disk.
3. On Linux perform a ./nvm_boxi_post_install_unix.sh
4. Test your reports.
If error is still received do the following:
1. Set the CASHCOMP environment variable to the proper value
Type: export CASHCOMP=/opt/CA/SharedComponents/CommonReporting4
If you are installed in a different location, choose the right path.
2. Run through the above step 3.
3. Test your reports
If the error is still received, next steps are to follow this KB: TEC1065788
Contact CA Support if the issue continues to happen.