The CA Service Desk Manager ODBC Agent and CA Service Desk Manager ODBC Data Access services will not start on a ServiceDesk r12.5 CA SDM system.
The error message from the OS Event Viewer is:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( SequeLink Service Starter ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Failed to find settings for service CA Service Desk Manager ODBC Data Access in D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\add-ons\oaserver60\cfg\oadm.ini.
The NX_ROOT\add-ons\oaserver\cfg\OADM.INI file is mis-formatted or corrupted.
- Open the OADM.INI file included in this document in a text editor and use as a template.
- Replace all instances of <SERVERNAME> with the hostname of your Service Desk r12.5 CA SDM server.
- Replace all instances of <NX_ROOT> with the 8.3 location of your Service Desk install location (i.e. D:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1).
- Copy this editted file to the <NX_ROOT>\add-ons\oaserver60\cfg directory on the Service Desk r12.5 CA SDM Primary Server.
- Restart the server.
- Verify that the CA Service Desk Manager ODBC Agent and CA Service Desk Manager ODBC Data Access services started.