Getting message CA Roscoe Message ROS115A NO SPACE AVAILABLE ON ONLINE LIBRARY. CALL SYSTEMS or ROS115A NO SPACE AVAILABLE ON INDEX LIBRARY. CALL SYSTEMS. What is the difference between these two messages and how to recover?
No Space on INDEX
As the ROSLIBS are used, they will use the index blocks, space blocks and data blocks that were originally allocated and eventually need more space. The message "ROS115A NO SPACE AVAILABLE ON INDEX LIBRARY. CALL SYSTEMS." Will appear when the index is full. At this time the Roscoe libraries must be backed up and restored to a larger area. Specifically, the ROSLIB00 must be a larger size.
The space requirements for the index file are a function of the number of user library members to be stored. Use the following formula to determine the approximate number of blocks required:
Number of blocks = 20 + N / (R + 1)
N Number of members to be kept in the libraries.
R Number of records that can fit in a block and is determined by using the
Number of records = (blksize - 20) / 140 (Ignore any remainder.)
No Space on ONLINE library
When the message is as follows: "ROS115A NO SPACE AVAILABLE ON ONLINE LIBRARY. CALL SYSTEMS. " It indicates that there is no more room in the data portion of the ROSLIBS. The following step may be used to add a new data library to the ROSLIBS. Only 1 ROSLIB may be added at one time.
//ROSLIB EXEC PGM=LIBUTIL,PARM='ADDLIB'
//STEPLIB DD DSN=CAI.RO60LIB,DISP=SHR
//ROSLIB00 DD DSN=CAI.ROSLIB00,DISP=OLD
//ROSLIB01 DD DSN=CAI.ROSLIB01,DISP=OLD
//ROSLIB02 DD DSN=CAI.ROSLIB02,DISP=OLD
//ROSLIB03 DD DSN=CAI.ROSLIB03,
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
- To add another ROSLIB to ROSCOE you should execute the LIBUTIL ADD program using the sample JCL above. All the ROSCOE STC's do not have to be down. This will update the index file (ROSLIB00) and format the newly created ROSLIB.
- Check the DCB and VOL=SER on your ROSLIB01 & ROSLIB02 and make sure that you create your new ROSLIB03 with the same BLKSIZE, but on a different volume.
- To take advantage of this new ROSLIB you will have to recycle ROSCOE. This option is useful when a site wants to increase user library space without having to do a complete backup, reallocation and restore. With ADDLIB, the new data file can be formatted while Roscoe is executing.
- To use the new file, add the appropriate ROSLIBnn DD statement to the Roscoe JCL the next time Roscoe is started.
- Be sure to modify all other JCL that specifies the ROSLIBS.
Details are in Section 4.4.1 Add User Library of the Roscoe Programs and Utilities Guide r6
Please also see TEC298420 Determining Index & Data Block Usage for the ROSLIBS - ROSTAT