CA RA for Endevor is part of the CA RA Connector for z/os product family.
It went GA on December 7, 2016.
This initial release of CA Release Automation Connector for z/OS adds the ability to orchestrate the following key mainframe platform components:
1. Job submission & control: CA Release Automation Connector for z/OS has the ability to submit, monitor and manipulate batch jobs, as well as fetch the results of those jobs. As most mainframe operations can be manipulated via batch, this capability provides a generic way of automating most mainframe deployment tasks.
2. Dataset & file manipulation: CA Release Automation Connector for z/OS has the ability to copy, move and create datasets on the platform. Files can be moved within the z/OS environment or copied between machines, including between mainframe and distributed platforms.
3. CICS: CA Release Automation Connector for z/OS has the ability to manipulate CICS regions, including redefining them and refreshing running applications after updating CICS binaries.
4. DB2: CA Release Automation Connector for z/OS can perform specialized operations for DB2 databases including rebinding and refreshes of DB2 databases.
5. Websphere Application Server: CA Release Automation Connector for z/OS can manipulate WAS applications, deploying, undeploying and starting and stopping them directly on the mainframe WAS environment.
For additional information please read the following:
GA Announcement: https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231171889
DevOps for Mainframe Solution Brief: https://www.ca.com/content/dam/ca/us/files/solution-brief/how-can-devops-practices-help-you-increase-innovation-velocity-and-business-agility-on-the-mainframe.pdf