The following details the installation procedure for CA Process Automation 3.1. Changes to the installation procedure between CA IT PAM 3.0 and CA Process Automation 3.1 are highlighted. This scenario utilizes SQL Server 2005 on Windows 2003 SP2 as an installation configuration among the varied configuration options (see Installation Guide).
Database Server (MS SQL Server 2005)
MS SQL Server installed with mixed authentication mode including an account with Administrative privileges that will be used to create the Process Automation databases.
Note: CA PAM requires databases to be case insensitive. MS SQL Server collation for CA PAM databases must be SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS (by default, the CA PAM installer creates databases with this collation).
Java 1.6.x Installation
EEM (Build 8.4.244) Installation and FIPS Configuration
EEM is used for user authentication and access control in this installation scenario. See the installation guide for other options.
- EEM Initial Installation screen
EEM EiamAdmin password (the EiamAdmin userid and password will be required during the CA Process Automation 3.1 installation)
Java Home location required for EEM installation (note: this is not the bin directory)
Enabling FIPS in EEM
FIPS security can be utilized for communication between CA Process Automation and EEM. These are the steps for EEM configuration. The configuration for CA PAM is included in the Installation section below.
- C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\iTechnology\igateway.conf must be modified to set FIPS mode "on" near the beginning of the file: <iGatewayConfig> <Version>18.104.22.168</Version> <FIPSMode>on</FIPSMode> <CertificateManager>
- Restart the CA iTechnology iGateway 4.6 Service
- To verify that FIPS has been enabled, access EEM in IE7 or IE8 browser
CA Process Automation 3.1 Installation
Third Party Installation (CD1)
- Welcome Screen
Prerequisites List (JBOSS and Hibernate are required)
JDBC Jar required for installation (MS SQL Server used in this case). The jar location is populated automatically from the installation media.
Specify the location of the CD2 media, this will launch the CA PAM 3.1 Domain Installer (the installer can only be launched from the Third Party installer on CD1)
CA Process Automation Domain Installation (CD2)
Initial Domain Install Panel
SSO and Load Balancer configuration (not configured in this case)
Host Ports are displayed as default. Ensure that these ports are not in use on your server. Select to Install as Service (note, the CA Process Automation Orchestrator service must be started after the installation is complete; the service is initially configured to 'Manual' Startup Type)
This allows for central configuration of the PowerShell path and sets the execution of scripts to "Remote Signed" which allows CA Process Automation to run PowerShell scripts.
CA Process Automation EEM configuration
Initial EEM Settings with EEM Server and EEM Application Name populated.
FIPS Installation Configuration
Non-FIPS Mode EEM installation
- For the non FIPS registration process, the EEM Certificate Password that you entered previously during the installation is required
After completing the same registration process as with FIPS mode (enter the EIAMAdmin userid and password in the registration dialogue) the EEM Certificate File field is automatically populated
CA Process Automation Installation Database Configuration
- The Repository and Runtime databases can now be separated to allow for easier maintenance and to enhance performance. After the databases have been created, click 'Check the Database Settings' to ensure they are configured correctly.
- After selecting the Type of Database the rest of the fields are populated with default values except the User Name and Password fields; be sure to denote a meaningful 'Repository Database' value if separate from the Runtime databases
Database settings for Process Automation Runtime and Queues databases. Check 'copy from main repository' to copy the parameters from the previous (Repository) database settings.
Database settings for the Process Automation Report databases
- If there were any problems during the installation, consult the installation log located at <installation location>\CA\PAM\server\c20