When open a project to Microsoft Project from within CA PPM, the project open stalls. Upon attempt to close MSP (after stalled opening attempt), the following error message appears:
No calculations can be performed now.
There is a circular relationship in task nnn VPN #5 - Docutrack of "project_name". The successors of this task refer back to this task or its predecessors, causing a circular reference.
To remove the link that is causing the circular reference, select the two tasks that are causing the circular link, and then click Unlink Tasks on the Task tab.
Microsoft Project 2013, SP1 32-bit (KB4022171) July 2018
New MSP Driver (Microsoft Project Interface)
The project has duplicate task name in MSP.
1. Uninstall each Microsoft Project update until the project is opened successfully. In this case, restoring MSP to KB4011679 (February 2018) update allows the project to open without any errors.
2. Remove all existing project files (XML, MPP) from the local machine.
3. Login to CA PPM, open the project in question, and export the project to MSP (Action: Open in Scheduler).
4. At this point, the project should be opened successfully in MSP.
5. Add Text3 to the column view in MSP, and look for tasks with duplicate Text3 values.
Remove the duplicate task name from MSP. (Note: the number of tasks in MSP and PPM should be the same.)
CA PPM Supported Method of copying and pasting tasks in MSP: