If you are preparing a new WebViewer Server, it is important to install an updated version of CA CAICCI-PC before you start. This will prevent the Web Viewer install from installing an old version of CA CAICCI-PC.
Installing an Updated Version of CA CAICCI-PC
- From the anonymous ftp site:
Log in with
Password: your complete email address
And change into the following directory (for example)
NOTE: You may check for a later version of CAICCI-PC by changing into
/pub/ca90s/CAICCI-PC/ and selecting a subdirectory with a higher number.
- Download ccipcs32.exe as binary to your desktop or any other location.
- VERY IMPORTANT:
Right click on the icon and select Run as Administrator to start the install if you are not logged on as administrator. This ensures that the CCI Configurator will be able to save the values you enter in the Windows registry.
You do not have to remove the previous installation.
- At the end of the installation, select the configure box, labeled "Configure CA CAICCI-PC R14.0.x Win32 now" to bring up the configuration panel and select the TCPIP tab. If you had a previous version of CAICCI-PC installed, your old configuration should still be there.
- Otherwise, enter
Name or IP address : your mainframe LPAR name or address
PORT: defaults to 1202 - change it if needed.
System Name : an 8 character unique name for your Windows Server.
Select the Test Tab and click on Start to make sure you have connectivity to mainframe CCITCP.
NOTE: The configuration panel will be in your start menu. If you rerun it be sure to do so as administrator.
- Recycle IIS if Web Viewer is up and running.
If you are upgrading a version of CAICCI-PC that is older than R14.0.0, you must remove the older version before installing this version.
Option 1 - Uninstall using CA-Uninstall
- Locate the CA-Uninstall program, "CAINDREG.EXE".
If CAINDREG.EXE was installed, it should be in the CA_APPSW folder.
- To locate the CA_APPSW folder, open file CAI.INI which should be in the Windows (C:\WINDOWS\) folder.
CAI.INI will contain an entry as follows:
- Typical CA_APPSW locations are:
If file "CAINDREG.EXE" does not exist in this folder, you can obtain it from the CA FTP site
Download file "CAINDREG.EXE" (binary transfer) then move it
to the CA_APPSW folder.
- Shut down the application. Otherwise, the uninstall may fail to remove important (critical) files.
- Run the CA-Uninstall program, "CAINDREG.EXE":
(If this fails to execute or you get errors, please download the current version of CAINDREG.EXE from the CA FTP site and
- The CA-Uninstall program (CA-Uninstall 4.4) will appear listing all products installed via CA-Install.
- Locate product "CAICCI-PC".
Select it and check both "Delete Registry and Icons" and "Delete Files".
Then click the "Uninstall" button.
Option 2 - Manually uninstall by deleting files, registry keys, etc.
Note: This option presumes proficiency in working with registry keys/regedit.exe.
- Locate the CA_APPSW folder (see procedure described in Option 1).
- Typical CA_APPSW locations:
- Delete the following files (this is a shared folder):
- Locate the CAICCI folder.
Typical CAICCI locations:
- Delete the CAICCI folder and its contents.
- Delete the following two registry keys:
Optionally, you may preserve your existing CCI settings by only deleting the string value:
from both the keys listed above.
In other words, you may only delete:
to preserve your current CCIPC settings.
- Delete all short-cuts and program groups (start menu items) associated with CCI-PC.