The DCS (Data Coordination Service) is a series of functionalities that allow content from CA APM to be shared to CA SAM. Common materials brought from APM to SAM include Assets, Locations, and Contact materials. From SAM, similar content, mainly discovered hardware, can be brought over. This functionality is facilitated through a series of SOAP web services calls between the two applications.
However, if the integration breaks, the following document may help provide insight to the cause of the breakage.
CA ITAM 14.1, 17.1
CA SAM 4.2.x
1) Stop the event service. This is the "CA Asset Portfolio Management - Event Service" on the APM Server, in Windows Control Panel
2) Delete the Event Service log file. ITAMEventService.log files that are located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Event Service"
3) Backup, then edit the CA.Applications.EventService.exe config file "CA.Applications.EventService.exe.config" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Event Service"
Add this block of text and code:
<add name="clientInterceptors" type="CA.Common.Utilities.SAMMessageInpectorBehavior, CA.Common.Utilities, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"/>
Change the version number highlighted in bold to the version number of dlls in client environment. The DLL in this case is "CA.Common.Utilities.dll", located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Event Service". Going into Windows Explorer and right click for Properties shows the version number, which in this case, is 18.104.22.168
The attached sample config file, named "SAMPLE.config.txt" shows how the file should be configured.
3) Start the event service.
4) Recycle IIS Services.
5) wait for few minutes and then test the APM/SAM Integration.
6) Review/send any resultant ITAMEventService.log files that are generated in "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Event Service"