CA Identity Manager environment IdentityEnv stops by itself and after recycle the appliance starts again.
However after a short while the "IdentityEnv" envionment stops by itself again.
CA Identity Suite Virtual Appliance 14.0 or 14.1
The internal OS is CentOS
1. Start checking the disk space of CentOS using the command df -k
In this following example shows Use% of / filesystem with 50% usage that is good.
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
49099068 23302364 23305904 50% /
tmpfs 5063084 681452 4381632 14% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 495844 52884 417360 12% /boot
2. You should worry when the Use% is above 70%. It's recommended leave space in filesystem
The restart may happen when the %Use is 100% of / filesystem space.
3. Also review inside logs as IDM wildfly log server.log that is present in the folder /opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/logs/IDM_logs/server.log can have this error:
YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS,643 WARN [org.hornetq.core.server] (JournalImpl::FilesExecutor) HQ222010: Critical IO Error, shutting down the server. file=NIOSequentialFile /opt/CA/wildfly-idm/standalone/data/live-hornetq/journal/hornetq-data-144199.hq.tmp, message=No space left on device: HornetQIOErrorException[errorType=IO_ERROR message=No space left on device]
1. Login with config user in CentOs Virtual Machines and check inside of folder /opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/logs that have links for each separated component as shows in following example.
Each one in yellow is a symbolik link to each folder of components
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1 May 14 17:05 alarm.log
-rwxrwxr-t 1 root root 14756 May 11 17:43 ca_vapp_deployment.log
-rwxr-x--- 1 root root 0 Oct 26 2017 ca_vapp_deployment.log.BAK
-rwxrwxr-t 1 root root 382190 May 11 17:43 ca_vapp_main.log
-rwxrwxr-t 1 root root 285178 May 11 17:43 ca_vapp_webui.log
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4776 Jul 3 2017 compressLogs
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 49 Jul 31 2017 ConnectorServer_logs -> /opt/CA/IdentityManager/ConnectorServer/jcs/logs/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 32 Jul 31 2017 Directory_logs -> /opt/CA/Directory/dxserver/logs/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 35 Jul 31 2017 IDM_logs -> /opt/CA/wildfly-idm/standalone/log/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 34 Jul 31 2017 IG_logs -> /opt/CA/wildfly-ig/standalone/log/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 38 Jul 31 2017 IP_logs -> /opt/CA/wildfly-portal/standalone/log/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 38 Jul 31 2017 Oracle_logs -> /u01/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/xe/XE/trace
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 48 Jul 31 2017 ProvisioningServer_logs -> /opt/CA/IdentityManager/ProvisioningServer/logs/
2. Enter in individual folders and check if have old files to remove using Unix based commands.
a. for folder /opt/CA/IdentityManager/ProvisioningServer/logs the user is imps so need do the command a su - imps before try remove files.
b. for folder /opt/CA/Directory/dxserver/logs/ the owner of files is dsa, so in same way necessary su - dsa from config user.