When I installed v12.3, I read that there is no longer a need to assemble the OPJ2CB module. However, we just installed z/OS 2.2 and I noticed the health check warning message that stated the following:
OPSH228W A JES2 offset table for the current release of JES2 cannot be found. Automation that relies on the OPSJES2 REXX function will not function correctly.
System Programmer Response:
The JCL needed to assemble and link the OPJ2CB module resides on the distribution tape in SYS1.OPS.CNTL(JES2ASM). Restart CA OPS/MVS to apply the changes.
The manual stated we didn't need to assemble, while the health check warning message implies that we do. Do we need to assemble the OPJ2CB?
z/OS release 2.2
• Maintenance for OPJ2CB for z/OS 2.2 not applied
• Don’t run the JES2ASM if running CA OPS/MVS 12.3. Keep the OPJ2CB module as distributed by CA Technologies.
• Apply the maintenance to support the required JES2 level.
• Solution RO86506 - TITLE: HZS0002E ERROR MESSAGE FOR OPJ2CB
• Solution RO83000 - TITLE: OPJ2CB FOR Z/OS 2.2
• z/OS Compatibility Matrix
• Configure JES2 Environmental Functions (Required for JES2)