- Do we currently support EAV's Extended Address Volumes?
- If so, do we support VSAM-E, PS-E or both types of files?
- Which release of our software supports EAV's?
- If we do not currently support EAV's, when will we support EAV's?
- Yes, An Easytrieve program can read and write VSAM and flat files that are located on EAV disk drives.
- An Easytrieve program is able to read and write EAS-eligible data sets, (VSAM and non-VSAM), that are located on EAVs. Easytrieve does not support VSAM Extended data sets, (or any format of data set), where a record-length can exceed the Easytrieve maximum of 32,767. If the record-length does not exceed 32,767, it may be possible to process a VSAM Extended data set, (although that is not officially guaranteed because it is possible for longer records to exist in those files).
- Easytrieve releases 6.4, and 11.x support the behavior described above.
- EAVs are currently supported.