Is it recommended to upgrade to release 11.6 after just upgrading to release 11? What are the advantages?
- While there is no requirement to upgrade to release 11.6, there are certainly advantages to upgrading to release 11.6 and being on the most current release.
- CA Easytrieve Report Generator 11.6 uses the CA MSM Software Configuration introduced in CA MSM 4.0.
- Note: For more information about the Software Configuration Service, see the chapters "Setting System Registry" and "Configuring Products" in the CA Mainframe Software Manager User Guide.
- For the non-MSM installations, the installation has also been greatly enhanced and made more consistent with other CA products.
- Another feature of release 11.6 is that the naming convention of the files and the FMIDS are now restructured in order to have the CA-naming standards of the other CA products.
- Most of the maintenance has been rolled into release 11.6, thereby eliminating the need for most of the APARs to also have to be installed.
- Release 11.6 includes several features which were also included in release 11.5:
- The load modules that now have standard CA identifiers or eye-catchers in them as did release 11.5.
- Also, the MSM Software Deployment is still included along with the new MSM Software Configuration.
- Note: For more information about the Software Deployment Service, see the chapters "Setting System Registry" and "Deploying Products" in the CA Mainframe Software Manager User Guide.
- Please review the PIB for CA EASYTRIEVE REPORT GENERATOR release 11.6 in informational APAR #: RI32712 found under Support Online.