If this is the first time you are bringing up Web Viewer:
- Make sure that you have the 4Q LMPKEY applied on the LPAR where the DRAS is running. The primary DRAS is you one that was selected during configuration with the configtool. If you have questions about this, contact CA Support for more information.
- Rerun the configtool and select system configuration, followed by CCI. Fill in the values, or accept the ones that you already entered and test.
This will verify the CCITCP or CCISSL is up and running. If correct, Save.
- Check your WVProfile.properties in the config subdirectory under your install directory for the DRAS parameters to verify that they are correct:
LICENSE.SystemID= The name of the LPAR where the DRAS license server is running.
LICENSE.DRASServer= The name of the DRAS server. You can find it in the DRAS log, for example:
Server ID = DRASSVR
If they are not correct, rerun the configtool and after selecting system configuration, select DRAS to do a discovery. When the discovery comes back with a
list, select the number of the server that you want. Do not select "No Change".
If this was previously working:
- Retry the connection attempt to assure the issue was not a temporary network condition. Normally, if all your configuration settings are correct, a complete restart of CA DRAS and CA OM Web Viewer will solve the problem. However, if this does not work or it keeps happening, follow the rest of the procedures below:
- Make sure you have the latest build - RO92889 CUMULATIVE BUILD 160 or higher FOR V12.1 This has updated CCI logic for better recovery in the event of a broken connection plus added error logging.
- Follow these instructions to increase the idle timeout value for CCI:
TEC1629642 How to Increase idle timeout value with CA CCISSL and CCITCP
- Apply CCIMVS 14.1 APAR RO97199 CCI HANG IN SEND TO PC (with pre reqs)
- If you still have problems, please setup CCI client side logging as follows and contact CA Support
a. Edit OmCCITrace.cfg, in your <CAOMWV12_HOME>/config folder.
b. Find the line:
c. Replace the line with:
d. Edit OmJDrasTrace.cfg and add this statement at the bottom
e. Wait three minutes for CA OM Web Viewer to get the updated logging settings
3. Attempt to reconnect
4. (Optional) View wvtrace.log log in <CAOMWV12_HOME>/logs
Normally, you will see this message:
ERROR <Date> <Time> [http-bio-8080-exec-#] erm.webviewer.data.SecurityCheckBean.error: check - Unable to perform mainframe security logon check. See CCI client or DRAS client logs, for more information.
5. View ccitrace.log in <CAOMWV12_HOME>/logs
If you have a CCI problem, this log will include a message such as:
ERROR <Date> <Time> [http-bio-8080-exec-#] erm.cciclient.cci.CCIClient.error: init - CCIInit Exception: java.net.UnknownHostException: invalid.example.com
· If you see this or a similar message, assure CCI server settings are correct.
· If you are sure your CCI settings are correct, restart CA OM Web Viewer.
· On IBM Web Sphere, you can simply restart the Web Application. On Tomcat, please restart the Tomcat server.
· If you are still having CCI problems, please contact CA Support.
7. View jdrastrace.log in <CAOMWV12_HOME>/logs
If you have no CCI error the problem may be logged in your DRAS logs as follows:
ERROR <Date> <Time> [http-bio-8080-exec-#] omgmt.drascci.cci.OmCCIInterface.error: CCILocateServers - Unable to Locate DRAS – DRAS_INVALID through valid.example.com - Primary RC - 8 - Secondary RC - 6 - No Receiver online
· If you see this or a similar message, assure CA DRAS License server settings are correct.
· If you are sure your CA DRAS License server settings are correct, restart the CA DRAS specified in your configuration.
· If this does not resolve your problem, restart CA OM Web Viewer. On IBM Web Sphere, you can simple restart the Web Application. On Tomcat, please restart the Tomcat server.
Please contact CA Support if you are still having the problem.