Step of License replace:
1) Portal is running and the license expires
2) Upload new license to the vm
3) Update the value of SSG_LICENSE_FILE to the path of the new license in /etc/ca/apim-portal/portal-local.inc.
4) systemctl restart apim-portal
However, API Portal EE fails to start after its expired license is replaced with an active license.
It is known issue.
After the apim gateway is started and before the stack restarts, the user can login to the policy manager, remove the old license and install the new one.
Do the following step.
01. Open Policy Manager.
And connect to API Gateway of docker container of Portal 4.0 EE.
02. Remove old license and install new license in Policy Manager.
03. systemctl restart apim-portal