This example shows a parent User Story with child User Stories but this article applies to any Parent/Child relationship.
A new feature was recently added to the Quick Details Pages (QDP) which shows children in closed projects. Please check QDP as a first step. If that does not show the missing stories, please proceed with the steps below.
The Test Cases tab may also show a different value on the tab if there are Test Cases associated with a child user story. Please see TEC1612457 for more info.
A user may execute these steps initially but if you are unable to find the missing work items, a Sub Admin should be engaged to run the same queries with their credentials.
- In this example, you can see that US218 shows 4 Children on the Children's tab but only 3 are listed on the page.
- Looking at the Revisions tab, you can get a list of the items that should appear in the tab. In this example, we should see 4 children; US219 - Child 1, US220 - Child 2, US221 - Child 3 and US222 - Child 4.
- The missing item is US221 - Child 3.
- If you search the entire workspace for US221, notice that it is not listed In Open Projects, In Recycle Bin but it is listed In Closed Projects.
- In order recover US221 - Child 3, click on the user story and change the Project field to a Project that is open, then save the user story.