Dynamic Symbolic Support (DSS) uses the CA Endevor footprint in the CSECT to find and load the matching listing into the PROTSYM source code repository This error will occur when the CSECT's CA Endevor footprint does not match the listing's CA Endevor inventory location.
You need to include the //SRVPRINT DD DUMMY to see this error. If you are using DSS with
- CA InterTest for CICS or CA SymDump for CICS then the SRVPRINT should be placed in DSS started task.
- CA InterTest Batch or CA SymDump Batch with multiple C1DEFLTS then the SRVPRINT needs to be placed in the DSS started task.
- CA InterTest Batch with a single C1DEFLTS, then the SRVPRINT needs to be placed in the TSO session or Batch Link job where the application being debugged is running.
- CA SymDump Batch with a single C1DEFLTS then the SRVPRINT needs to be placed in the abending job's JCL.
To insure that the CSECT's CA Endevor footprint and the correct listing's CA Endevor inventory location match, your CA Endevor move processor must
- Include MONITOR=COMPONENTS,FOOTPRINT=CREATE on the OUTPUT DD in the BSTCOPY steps that move the object deck and the listing.
- Include MONITOR=COMPONENTS,FOOTPRINT=CREATE on the SYSLMOD DD statement for the move processor's link edit step (this step is optional).
- Regenerate the load module.
- The last step must be a BC1PMVCL,MAXRC=0 to insure that the component list for the element is correct.
These steps will insure that the footprints for the CSECT correctly identify the CA Endevor inventory location for the listing.