When the Business Objects Enterprise XI v3.1 Administrator password needs to be reset, in case it has been forgotten or locked.
- As a precaution, take a backup of the CMS Repository Tables.
- Open the Central Configuration Manager (CCM) from the Start Menu.
- Stop the Server Intelligence Agent (SIA).
- Run the following SQL statements against the CMS database:
DELETE FROM cms_infoobjects6 WHERE (ObjectID=12);
This will delete the record that belongs to the "Administrator" account.
- From the CCM, restart the Server Intelligence Agent (SIA). This will recreate the Administrator account with a blank password.
- Now you can log on to the Central Management Console (CMC) using the Administrator account and a blank password.
Please make sure you reset the password to something else than blank both in CMC and Clarity CSA in order for Clarity to connect to the reporting server correctly. A restart of Clarity services will also be needed if you modify the password in CSA.