The best way to accomplish this is via the BSRM-BSM integration available in the r11.5 Storage Management Suite.
First, check that the disk array model and provider versions are fully supported in BSM's AND BSRM's CDLs on SupportConnect.
Next, take the following steps in both products in the order described below. Perform all BSM steps, first.
- Discover all Servers with SAN-attached Storage that will be part of the report.
- Properly configure the SAN Proxies on all servers from Step #1 and perform SAN Discovery.
- Register the Disk Array(s) in Storage Administrator.
- Register all Servers with SAN-attached Storage that will be part of the report.
- Register the Disk Array(s).
- Register BSM.
After these steps have been followed correctly, you should now be able to see which of the various hosts' volumes are SAN-attached. The value that you will want to look for is "IS_SAN_ATTACHED" in the Physical Disk Table.
When this field is populated correctly, it is possible to generate reports such "show how Oracle may be utilizing SAN-attached storage."