The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the basic usage of the 'pdm_options_mgr' utility.
'PDM_OPTIONS_MGR' is a command line utility provided by CA Service Desk Manager (SDM) with the purpose to add or change content within the NX.ENV configuration file.
It is a best practice to use it to avoid this file from becoming corrupted by a text editor.
The main situations where its usage is needed are:
1. When the variable to be added/changed already exists in NX.ENV file and is not available in the Options Manager tab in the SDM interface.
The following example was taken from NX.ENV:
2. When a Test Fix or Cumulative Patch provided for SDM introduces a new variable. The following example was taken from USRD_CMN_FixList.HTML file in RO86155 (which is one of the packages from CF2 for SDM 14.1):
3. When you need to deinstall an option which is not in the Options Manager tab in the SDM interface.
The information from this document applies to SDM r12.x and 14.1.
The command is issued two times:
- The one affects NX.ENV file.
- The second one changes NX.env_nt.TPL file, which will ensure the changes will not be overwritten when running pdm_configure.
1. Adding or Updating a NX.ENV variable
pdm_options_mgr -c -s LDAP_NESTED_GROUPS -v NO -a pdm_option.inst
pdm_options_mgr -c -s LDAP_NESTED_GROUPS -v NO -a pdm_option.inst -t
2. Removing a NX.ENV variable
pdm_options_mgr -c -s LDAP_NESTED_GROUPS -v NO -a pdm_option.deinst
pdm_options_mgr -c -s LDAP_NESTED_GROUPS -v NO -a pdm_option.deinst -t
Confirm you have the correct settings by reviewing both the NX.ENV (located in the NX_ROOT directory) and the NX.env_nt.TPL (located in the NX_ROOT\pdmconf directory) files.