The setting up of the Service Manager Dialog aborted with the following message: Could not open the file named: …\8.00A\ServieManagerDialog\Windows\x64\SETUP.LST
After starting the Service Manager - Setup.exe, the following error occurred.
--- > Could not open the file named: …\8.00A\ServieManagerDialog\Windows\x64\SETUP.LST
Usually the LST file message means that during installation there is no access to the SETUP.lst
Files or information needed for analysis:
- Which image and version of the Automation Engine is being installed?
- Version and architecture of the Operating System used?
- Is it an update or a new installation of the Automation Engine?
- Which user and permissions started the setup/ logged in during installation?
- The detailed directory from where the setup.exe is executed including the installation path.
There are various solutions available:
# Make sure that the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package is installed!
#The user does not have the permission to install software on the OS./ or start the setup.exe on a source path with no permissions on this specific directory of the file system.
#The source is corrupted.
#The source path / UNC – path to the Install Directory is too long. This occurs especially when the Setup.exe is located on a network path as shown below: