This document provides the steps to Backup and Restore CA Service Accounting and CA Service Catalog r12.
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry.
Before you modify the registry, make sure to create back up of the registry and ensure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem may occur.
For more information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, please review the relevant Microsoft Knowledge Base articles on support.microsoft.com.
Back Up and Restore CA Service Accounting and CA Service Catalog r12
This document explains how to back up CA Service Accounting and CA Service Catalog r12 and how to restore them, if required.
Important! If CA Service Accounting and CA Service Catalog components are installed on multiple computers, complete the following procedures on every computer that has a CA Service Accounting and CA Service Catalog component installed!
If CA Service Accounting and CA Service Catalog are running on VMWare image(s), take a snapshot(s) to backup. If you need to restore the backup, then use the snapshot(s) taken for backup. Repeat the same procedure for the MDB.
With Ghost Imaging
If the product is running on a physical machine(s), then take a ghost image(s) of the product and the MDB machine to backup. If you need to restore the backup, re-image the machine(s) with the ghost image(s) taken for backup. All the machined should be in sync after re-image.
Without Ghost Imaging
Important! All CA Service Accounting and CA Service Catalog data, reports, events, and so on that occur between the backup and restore processes will be lost. After the backup if the machine name is changed for some reason then restore will fail.
Note: For 64-bit Windows, the locations for Program Files and registry are Program Files (x86) and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\ComputerAssociates, respectively.
- Shut down all the database connections to MDB, for example, those for CA Service Desk and Unicenter Asset Portfolio Management.
- Back up the MDB.
- Back up the %USM_HOME% folder.
- Back up the shared components named CA_LIC, Embedded IAM, and iTechnology, which are located at <drive letter>:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents.
- Back up the shared components named Tomcat, JRE, Mdb, and MessageQueue, which are located at <drive letter>:\Program Files\CA\SC.
- Back up the Windows Registry located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ComputerAssociates folder.
- Restore the MDB backup from Step 2 of the Backup Process.
- Restore the %USM_HOME% folder backup from Step 3 of the Backup Process.
- Restore the shared components backup from Step 4 and 5 of the Backup Process.
- Restore the Windows registry backup from Step 6 of the Backup Process.